Friday, August 29, 2008

Not So Old?

This is a fabulous idea!!! I'm so excited to keep in touch with everyone. I have some awesome pictures that I will work on scanning (what that really means is that I have to have Adrianna--age 11--teach me how to use the scanner part of my printer) Since it's late I won't make her get up and do it now, but I'm almost that excited that I could do that, except I'm too good a mom, heh, heh, heh.

Looking at the picture at the top of the blog got me working some math. I had to pull out my copy of that picture to see that it was taken in 1961. That would have made Grandma 50 or 51 amd Grandpa 55 or 56--depending on when it was taken during the year. I always used to think that they looked so old. But I realized tonight that I am only a couple of years YOUNGER than Grandma was when that picture was taken and my husband is a couple of years OLDER than Grandpa was when it was taken. That is weird!! Maybe they don't look old after all. I of course realize that I am much older than some of you--especially Marnae :) but it kind of makes you think doesn't it!

No comments: