Sunday, September 14, 2008

Recipes and Odds and Ends

Grandma rarely wrote down recipes, she just had them in her head, but I do have a few that some of you might like, that she copied for me. The same with Joyce and Georgia, I have a carrot cake (pudding) recipe from Joyce that I use every Christmas. If anyone would like to share some of those with everyone that would be great. Maybe you have one from Grandma, Joyce or Georgia that someone else has been looking for.
I have also sent packets to a designated person in each family, of all the scrapbook items that we have taken apart so far...you should be getting them this week. As we continue to find things I will send them on. We still need to go through a few books and we will post some of them on this blog.

4 comments:

Sue Ann said...

I have a lot of recipes from both Grandma and my mom (Joyce) and some from Georgia. Lisa has mom's (Joyce's) recipe file box and some of her cookbooks. Maybe we can post two or three recipes a week if anyone is interested. I have things like Oatmeal Crispies, Mother's Sheet Cake, Peanut Butter Cookies, Apple Pudding, Chili Sauce, Grandpa's baked beans, Cranberry Salad--the one with marshmallows, walnuts and grapes that we used to always have on Thanksgiving, Rolls (my Aunt Helen's recipe that everyone on both sides of the family used and loved), Raisin Bars, Apple Crisp, Wheaties Ranger Cookies, two different kinds of sugar cookies! There seems to be a theme here (SWEET and SUGARY for the most part) Imagine that! Those are just off the top of my head and from just two categories of my recipe box. Let me know what you want first! We may have to start our own recipe blog! (yummy)

ann said...

I would love to get as many recipes that I could. I like the idea of posting recipes on the blog or starting our own recipe blog.
Ann

Sue Ann said...

By the way am I a "designated person?"

Connie said...

Sorry SueAnn...Lisa asked for them first. She said she will get everyone's to them.